Import OLM to Entourage (*.rge)
The article is about email client Microsoft Outlook for Mac and Microsoft Entourage. And how to import olm to Entourage 2008 / 2004 with zero hassle.
Microsoft Entourage was an email client from Microsoft, later replaced by Outlook in 2010. It was part of the Microsoft Office suite, and offered functionalists like email, calendar, address book, task lists, note lists, and project manager.
It is still using by plenty of users in Mac OS. In spite of heavy competition from Apple’s apps like iCal, OS X’s Mail, Address book, and so on, Entourage 2008 stands up pretty strongly even today.
But due to the fact that it has been discontinued by Microsoft, it can get complex to import data from today’s modern email clients. And surprisingly, importing OLM to Entourage is most difficult. It’s a surprise because OLM file is Outlook 2011 data file, and Outlook 2011 itself an email client from Microsoft that replaced Entourage back in 2010.
No tools from Microsoft to Move
There is no official data migration support for moving OLM to Entourage 2008 can be disappointing.
But there is nothing to worry about. This article will discuss how you can move your entire Outlook 2011 data to Entourage through OLM file conversion using a third-party tool.
If you are switching to Entourage 2004/2008 for some reason, or if you need to share your Outlook data with an Entourage user, this article can help you do that comfortably. Email migration in itself is very complicated, even when it involves two modern email clients. But the tool I am going to mention below makes it easy and professional to import OLM to Entourage 2008.
It’s called “OLM Extractor Pro” and it works like this:
- You first archive all your items from Outlook 2011 / 2016 to an OLM file. (‘File’ –> ‘Export’)
- Launch “OLM Extractor Pro” and click on ‘Load OLM‘ and select the OLM files you archived the Outlook 2011 data above.
- You can check the folders for conversion and mark/unmark them here again.
- Check other optional settings, some of which are exclusive to “OLM Extractor Pro,”.
- Choose ‘Microsoft Entourage Archive‘ as the output format, and click ‘Convert.’ The reason you have to choose the output file format is that “OLM Extractor Pro” offers conversion of OLM files to various other formats including for Apple Mail and Thunderbird and files like MBOX and EML.
- Wait for it to finish conversion.
- Finally, import the converted files into Entourage. Or if you are sharing the data with other user, this step is for them.
- This will get your contents from Outlook 2011 into Entourage without fuss.
You may ask what’s the need of a third-party tool? Why can’t you directly import OLM files into Entourage 2008? The answer is simple and hinted above. Entourage is an older email client and have no way of opening and reading files with OLM extension. The conversion of the OLM data files is a mandatory step.
The difference between “OLM Extractor Pro” and many other similar applications is huge.
Why Should You Choose it to Import OLM to Entourage
“OLM Extractor Pro” is developed by USL Software, an email migration software company that has been in business for many years. Their expertise on how to handle complicated data migration projects with their advanced software goes well beyond and above every other competing tools.
With USL Software, you are sure of getting two major features that every email migration tool should have – ease of use and data accuracy of output files. This means that you get a simple and friendly interface, and the conversion of contents from OLM to Entourage is precise.
One of the best features is that it is capable of converting even the minutest and complex data forms that other tools might miss, such as:
- Metadata and email headers that include items like To, From, Subject, Cc, Bcc, etc.
- Email Attachments
- Embedded graphical objects
- Non-English text
- Folder hierarchy
- Nested Messages
- S/MIME encrypted messages
- and so on….
Download to Import OLM to Entourage 2008 / 2004
Try it. You don’t need to buy or activate the tool to check out the features in the free trial mode. Click here and download the setup. Install it and get started in under a minute.
Get it here: https://www.olmextractorpro.com/.
You May ALso Like: